Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: The Modest Budget: Summer Date Night

Monday, June 6, 2016

The Modest Budget: Summer Date Night

I know, I know, I did orange last week... but I just find myself wearing it all the time these days! 

Fun fact, I found this shirt in a Maryland Target because we had gone up there for a job that lasted a few more days than we had planned for... and I ran out of clothes to wear! Good old Target came through; it was less than $20 ($14.99, I believe). 
The skirt was also a deal; I got it on sale for less than $10 at Charlotte Russe last year. In fact, I liked it so much that I bought one in another color and pattern! This slim fit makes it great for the loose top (even though it's a tad on the short side).
These pictures are from a night at National Harbor, one of our favorite date night spots while we worked in Maryland. I loved the colorful walls and the fun atmosphere down there. There was a family-friendly night life, even in the middle of the week! Lots of good eats and close places to bar-hop, too.
Shirt: Target (less than $20)
Skirt: Charlotte Russe (less than $10)
Clutch: StitchFix
Shoes: Williamsburg Prime Outlets
Have ya'll found any orange pieces for cheap? Or rocking any orange pieces from seasons past? Obvi, I'm all about it, and this color is so very easy to find...
Tag your orange finds (or any of your cheap and modest #ootd's) on Instagram at #TheModestBudget so I can see ya'll's fab finds!
 photo CC sig_zpsiat3p1eg.png
Linking up with The Fashion CanvasTwo Peas in a BlogSandy a La ModeMyriad MusingsGaray TreasuresA Savory FeastFizz and FrostingStill Being MollyMama - and More!Elegantly FashionableSincerely Jenna Marie, Happiness at MidlifeThe Red Closet DiaryEast Coast ChicDoused in PinkMix Match FashionBeauty 101 by LisaStylin in St LouisTwo Thirty Five Designs,  Adri LatelyThreads for ThomasBright on a BudgetThe Closet by ChristieJoLynne ShaneForage FashionFashion Should be FunRachel the HatBirdie ShootsLizzie in Lace, & Pink Sole

6 comments :

  1. Love the orange again Casey.. looks like a great place to visit, love the wall decoration. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the bright orange! It's perfect for summer!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange on you! That wall is the perfect backdrop!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange really is a fabulous color on you! And that shirt is super cute with the skirt!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving orange right now too. Super cute look! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange is a great color on you!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete