Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: The Modest Budget: Top 3 Favorite Thrift Skirts

Monday, June 13, 2016

The Modest Budget: Top 3 Favorite Thrift Skirts

Since I am just now headed back to Virginia from Alaska, and was not able to take outfit pics while I was up there, I thought I might share my Top 3 Favorite thrifty outfits from blog posts past!
My first fashion-specific blog post was back in October 2012, which seems like forever ago... Since then, though, my focus has shifted from "cute ways to wear skirts" to "cute ways to rock a budget!"
So each of these old favorites is about skirts, but they also feature at least one thrift find.
#1 Only Three Colors 8/5/14
This outfit is one of my faves because the bag and the skirt were thrifted and the button-down was a past-season Old Navy buy. Not only that, but it is a simple outfit that could be changed up by adding a color or pattern to make the look totally different. It's versatile and pretty cheap.

#2 My Full Price Shoes 5/11/13
Another one of my favorites because the skirt was a thrift find! Skirts are one of the best and easiest things to find at thrift stores... This is also a super practical outfit for all sorts of outings.

#3 So Here's To Some Happy 1/10/13
This color/pattern combo is still so fun! The scarf was from an antique store and the skirt was from (no surprise) a thrift store! One of my favorite ways to come up with these kinds of outfits is just layer on a bunch of colors and patterns to try and find what looks good... Sometimes it fails, but sometimes you find some looks that are really fun (like this one).

__________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this little throwback to some of my favorite thrifty finds! I'll be back with something new next week... and not orange (like last week's post and the week before;)

What are your favorite thrifty finds?? Share them on Instagram with #TheModestBudget!
 photo CC sig_zpsiat3p1eg.png
Linking up with Fizz & FrostingStill Being MollyElegantly FashionableSincerely Jenna MariePink SoleThe Northwest BlondeThe Fashion CanvasTwo Peas in a BlogSandy A La ModeMyriad MusingsGaray TreasuresA Savory FeastWhy I Do DeClaireElegantly Dressed & StylishSydney Fashion HunterPumps & Push UpsShopping My ClosetClassy Yet TrendyCappuccino & Fashion50 is not oldJersey Girl Texan HeartTucker UpThe Mummy ChroniclesThe Pleated PoppyThe Red Closet DiaryEast Coast ChicDoused in PinkMix Match FashionHappiness at MidlifeBeauty 101 by LisaStylin' In St LouisThe Closet by ChristieTwo Thirty Five DesignsJolynn ShaneForage FashionFashion Should Be FunRachel the HatBirdie ShootsLizzie in LacePosh Classy MomJeans & a TeacupShelbee On the EdgeA Good HueSept Farm, & Claire Justine

6 comments :

  1. Great thrift store finds! That polka dot skirt is super cute!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, lovely these inspirations.
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a great thrift store find! That second skirt is adorable. And I really love the third outfit. Green and blue is one of my favorite color combinations and that scarf is fabulous! It really is a super fun look.

    Thanks so much for joining my On the Edge of the Week Link up! I look forward to seeing what you will link up next week!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds, I adore you jewelry detail in these outfits.

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE thrift shopping! So much fun to do! And so worth it!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing your style from years or blog posts past, very cute and thanks for sharing these.
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link up
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete