Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: // T O // L I V E //

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

// T O // L I V E //

Obvious statement: 
I have a life.
A life to squander,
waste,
enjoy,
invest.
I choose what I do with it.
And by that, I choose how it's described,
summarized,
remembered.
I choose what I do with it every day, by every decision.

Every decision marks my priorities,
marks my heart,
marks my treasures.
Who (or what) is my highest priority?
Who (or what) is the defining factor of my heart?
Who (or what) is my most treasured treasure?
Assuming I die at a ripe old age
- with time to sit,
and ponder,
and regret -
for whom will I say that my life has been lived?

Will I look back and see a life fully lived,
but full of the lackluster consequences
of choices that falsely promised to satisfy?

Will I look back and see a life fully lived,
but controlled by an emotional wave
of spontaneous cravings?

Will I look back and see a life fully lived,
but completely empty?

May this not be the case.

May my life be fully lived,
but full of the glorious consequences
of choices that honor my King.

May my life be fully lived,
but controlled by the steadfastness 
of the unchanging nature of my God.

May I look back and see a life fully lived,
and fully devoted,
and fully surrendered,
and fully given,

Not for my own glory or advancement,
but for the greater, and more worthy glory and advancement of my Beloved.


Much Love, Casey's Brain's Ponderings.

No comments :

Post a Comment