Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: A Few Thoughts

Friday, December 20, 2013

A Few Thoughts

I am in the middle of my bedroom floor, sitting like a frog, because I'm sick and that's the only position that isn't painful right now. But when you're in too much pain to move and be productive, you have time to think.

My life has been wonderful lately. I really do love my life, and this season has been a beautiful bit of existence. Each moment has been full of excitement, anticipation, and lots of new things. However, combine moment after moment, full of bright and lovely things, and it creates something quite tiring.
Kind of like the longer the string of Christmas lights you have the more electricity you need to run them (bad analogy, but hey, I'm surrounded by Christmas, so what else am I gonna pull from?).
But if my life looks like a long string of Christmas lights, even if it feels exhausting, I'm okay with that.

Speaking of Christmas, I just realized moments ago that it's the Christmas season.
Meaning, Christmas is 5 days away.
Um, what?
I feel like I've been confused with how soon stores are putting out Christmas decorations. I get stuck in the mentality of, "wow, they have decorations out already? It's not even close yet!" And that mentality gets carried over into the week before Christmas.
Oh well. It will come whether I'm ready or not, which is a good thing, because the latter is more likely.

A few things I've been enjoying lately:
1) My room. Amy was the mastermind behind decorating my room for me. I had so much to do, she knew I didn't have time to do it myself, so she surprised me. And let me tell you: it's the best my room has looked in a long time. Completely Christmas-fied. And it makes me suuuuper happy.
2) Allie. I have loved having a friend who lives literally ten minutes down the road from me. It's great for spur-of-the-moment, cake-eating-for-two parties at 11 p.m.
3) People. I have some awesome people in my life right now, who motivate me in so many different areas. Like dressing up like a giant orangutang to entertain high school kids.

One thing I haven't been enjoying lately:
1) Sickness. Almost every person has had strep in my family at least once since September, and most of them have had it three times. We just can't shake this.

Anyways.
I hope ya'll are having a fantastic December.
FULL of Christmas lights and cheesy Christmas songs, and PLENTY of fattening goodies (save dieting for January when there's nothing better to do;)

Love,
              Casey

1 comment :

  1. One year, my family had strep throat going around for a while like that. One of my brothers who showed no symptoms ended up being the carrier, which is why we kept getting it! :P

    I recently found your blog like a month or two ago, and I have enjoyed it, especially the posts about your courtship as I have very recently been through something kinda similar.

    ReplyDelete