And Sunday, I decided I was tired of that being the case.
So I decided to do something about it.
More specifically, I decided to make a list.
A Truths list.
I'm still working on it. I figured I can keep adding to it randomly.
But I thought I'd share a few random ones:
1. You are with me, close; You will not leave me.
- Zeph. 3:17, "The LORD your God is with you; He is mighty to save..."
- Josh. 1:9, "... The LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
- Ps. 139:7 "...Where can I flee from Your presence?"
2. You know what's in store for me.
- Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have..."
- Isa. 40:27-28 "Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God"? Do you not know?... The LORD is the everlasting God... His understanding no one can fathom."
3. I am precious to You.
- Isa. 43:4 "... you are precious and honored in my sight, and... I love you."
- Ps. 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of Your eye..."
4. You have bought me, at a very large price. I was not cheap.
- Isa. 43:1 "... Fear not, for I have redeemed you..."
- Isa. 53:2 "...He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we esteemed Him not."
5. You have already written my story. Every bit of it, every detail.
- Ps. 139:16 "... All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be."
6. You think of me often.
- Ps. 139:17-18 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand..."
7. You are trustworthy / I can trust You.
- Prov. 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart... and He will make your paths straight."
- Ps. 46:1-2 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea."
- Ps. 34:10 "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who fear the LORD lack no good thing."
8. You want to fill my heart with desires... and fill them.
- Ps. 37:4 "Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart."
9. You desire my honor; it is beautiful to You.
- Ps. 45:11 "The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor Him, for He is your Lord."
10. You are Comforter.
- Ps. 34:18 "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
- Ps. 147:3 "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
Hope your weekend is full of lovely moments and deep conversations.