Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Liebster Award

Friday, December 14, 2012

Liebster Award

This past Saturday found me running to and fro everything. Between a swing from the former to the latter, however, I had time enough to check my site... and squeal. With joy.
It went something like this...
"AHHHHH, MomcomelookatthisIjustgotanawardonmyblog, (intake of breath) AHHHHH!!"
in a really, higher-than-normal tone.

A Liebster Award isn't really anything important, it's just a fun little something blossoming bloggers pass around to their fellow yet-to-be-discovered-and-fully-appreciated bloggers ;) 
Pretty much, anyone with less than 200 followers can pass this along to anyone else in the same shoes. At least, that's how I understand it.

This was "awarded" to me by Lacey at A Thinking Place, who has been following me for a long while, and has been one of my most faithful commenters.
Which means she makes me really happy on a regular basis. :)
 The way this goes, The Awarded states 11 random facts about themselves, answers 11 random questions (asked by the one the award came from) and then 11 more random questions on to 11 more bloggers.

Lots of 11's. 
I don't really know why. 
But I'm rolling with it ;)

So, here goes nothing. 

11 Random Facts:
1. I am allergic to dairy. Amongst other things, it makes me sneeze. I sneeze a lot. I am not sick. I just lack self-control.
2. I don't watch previews.
3. Sleeping in socks makes me feel claustrophobic.
4. Drowning is one of my greatest fears. It's up their next to stalkers and monsters in my closet.
5. I prefer to be perched (as in, sitting on a counter or table) or cross-legged on the floor. Chairs are awkward.
6. I don't like tunnels.
7. I don't like feet.
8. George Strait pulls my heartstrings. Too many great memories include his tunes.
9. I hardly ever match my socks, or my earrings.
10. I feel deeply. Which means I'm hurt easy, offended easy, and very passionate.
11. I exaggerate. Like, everything. It's a defense mechanism, I'm sure.

11 Questions to Answer from Lacey
1. Have you ever eaten tofu? 
A few times maybe... mostly on accident. 
The one time I had it on purpose, it was in Tofu Steak. 
Which didn't taste nasty. 
But, you can't replace meat. 
End of discussion.

2. What happened to BigFoot's mother?
I'm pretty sure she's in hiding. 
My theory is that BigFoot's father had normal feet, but it was his mother who had the very large ones. 
Of course, she's quite embarrassed by them.
Actually, when she came to the President for help in 1954, he was so mortified, that he locked her in some far-away, unheard-of, government facility that "doesn't exist."

3. Describe your dream wedding dress:
The perfect balance between classy and over-the-top fabulous. Haha.
Probably something with lace cap-sleeves. Fitted to the hips, into an A-Line skirt or something that just flows. Sparkles and lace, and probably something ruffly. A really long train. No defined waist-line.

But as long as I look stunning, it doesn't really matter ;)

4. Have you ever had any major injuries?
Not really. I've had bad ankle sprains, a wrist fracture, shin fracture, knee injuries... just a lot of little stuff. 
But I can't feel my left Achille's heel from a Sam's cart accident. Which I think is pretty cool.

5. When did you discover the secret of the Tooth Fairy?
What secret?

6. Tell me about an older adult in your life who has made a big impact on you:
I learn new things from my mother every day. I'll be convicted about her patience with the children one week, learning from her respect for Daddy the next, and in awe of her faithful laundry schedule after that. She's incredible.
She rolls her eyes when people call her Super Mom. But they' re totally right-on.

7. Do you believe in aliens? (that's a serious question)
Oh gosh... there are soooo many ridiculous ways to answer this! 
But if you want me to be serious, I think it would not be outside of my amazing God's ability to create other life forms and life-sustaining planets. But honestly, it's impossible to have a Biblical hypothesis. 

I do like alien movies, though. But outside of that, I don't really care.

8. Have you ever met anyone famous?
I've been close enough to touch this person:
who's apparently famous.
I know people from Over the Ocean, and The Last Bison, and they're both bordering on well-known and famous.
I know my brother Hayden will be famous.
And I'm pretty tight with Batman. No joke.

9. What's your least favorite chore?
Anything involving chores. 
Haha, just kidding.
I actually enjoy chores. 
I just dislike the fact that they have to be done. 
And the fact that everything is messy until they're done.

10. What was the last movie you saw in theaters? What did you think of it?
The last time I was in theaters, I took my little bros. to see Wreck It Ralph. I thought it was really cute, and honestly, I was geekin' out on some of those video game references!

11. What is one of your biggest fears?
Being entirely alone and abandoned; surrounded by silence and darkness.

My 11 Questions to be Answered:
1. What color eyes are dreamiest?
2. Do you knit, crochet, or do anything remotely crafty? (And if you do, can you give me some lessons? ;)
3. What is your favorite album, and your favorite thing to be doing while you listen to it?
(or, if you prefer, what does your ideal playlist for this activity look like?)
4. Do you prefer clean-shaven men? or bearded?
5. Do you have any weird phobias?
6. If you had to be stuck with one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, what would they be/look like? 
(and don't you dare describe something practical that won't kill your feet!)
7. Sweaters, or sweatshirts?
8. Are you a visual learner, or an auditory learner?
9. If you could be besties or mentored by anyone ever (includes fictional characters), who would it be?
10. Do you prefer writing pen-and-paper style, or typing?
11. Describe your best friend (here's your chance to both appreciate her and embarrass her [or him] ;)

My 11 Nominees:
1. Faith at A Walk by Faith
2. Sarah at Two's Company
4. Bec at rjcrumrine
6. Joanna at Castles in the Air
8. Kailey at A Solitary Nook
9. Lillian Rachel at Of The Field
10. Bree at Tea and Bree
11. Meredith at An Uncommon Union
(I apologize if ya'll have gotten something like this before... I have not been in the blogging world long enough to know, nor to have others to choose ;)

_____________________

Alright, pulling this all together makes me feel like I just ran a marathon. But it was fun :)


2 comments :

  1. Hehehe I love all your answers. I definitely agree with you about Big Foot's mother. It's pretty sad, really!

    Glad you had fun :) It was my first award too and I was totally excited hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun to read, Casey. :) Oh, and thanks so much for the award! *puffy heart* ;)

    ReplyDelete