Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: GET FLUFFY

Sunday, December 23, 2012

GET FLUFFY

I am a firm believer in the notion that the holidays are a time to celebrate, be with your favorite people and get fat.
Yup.
It's a time to throw out the diet and simply enjoy yourself.
This does absolutely nothing to my self-esteem, considering all the added layers brought on by the cold already make me feel a bit more rotund, but what else are New Year's resolutions for?

Just sayin', I think this is gonna be my first January with "Go to the gym" on my resolutions list... haha!

But for serious. This fattening season has encouraged me to find some goodies that are scrumptious but also don't tempt me to toss my allergy symptoms out the window.
Which is lame. I can disregard the calorie content, but not the ingredients. :/

So, in light of this ramble, my goal is to find some fattening gluten-, dairy-, and egg-free lovelies.

This is the first one: GF Magic Bars are what they're called,
and yes,
they are magic.
Alas, that is why I had to steal these pictures from Life as Mom, because I finished the whole pan so darn fast....
Double Chocolate Magic Bars (original recipe here)
1 & 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (we used crushed gluten free graham crackers)
1 stick melted butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I have found easy recipes for soy and almond sweetened condensed milk, but have not tried them yet)

- Pour melted butter into a 9 x 13 pan, and combine with cookie (or graham cracker) crumbs.
- Press lightly to form a crust-like layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on; then the coconut.
- Cover with sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Super easy; super fattening. Which makes it great for getting fluffy over the holidays ;)
Also, these beauties freeze well, too, cut into squares and layered in a container with wax paper.
Honestly, though, after you've tried them, they'll be gone as soon as you've cut them ;)

Try 'em out, and let me know what you think!
And GET FLUFFY ;)
Love,
               Casey

1 comment :

  1. Hahaha this made me laugh. I love that you used the word "fluffy" instead of "fat." Makes me feel a little better about the cookies I'm going to make tomorrow :P

    Merry Christmas and happy fluffyfying!!!

    ReplyDelete