Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Style{in} Skirts: Something Different

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Style{in} Skirts: Something Different

I wore this skirt (here) with denim and red, but I felt like trying something a bit different this time. Not only did I use different colors, but this is one of the only times I've tried the cardi-over-button-down look. I wouldn't have even thought of trying, but I was on stage this morning with the worship team, and the cardi kept me from being self-conscious about wearing such a fitted shirt in front of lots of people.
Shirt: Rue21 //  Cardi: TJMaxx (pretty sure)  //  Skirt: Old Navy  //  Boots: Thrift Store
It's so easy for me to be discouraged, or dismayed, in this weird in-between season I'm in. But this morning I was reminded of how simple it can all be to just be in the presence of my King.
Because being immersed in the presence of my King is home.
It's peace.
It's comfort.
And hope.

Even when things look grim, 
even when I don't know what I'm doing
or where I'm going,
even when I'm disappointed,
I know the King. And I know who I am to the King.
And there's nothing grim in that.

Be immersed in the Presence this week. And know who you are to Him. Cuz that's all that matters.
Love,
           Case

(Linkin' up here)

6 comments :

  1. Hello, Miss Casey! I think your blog is ever so cute. I found you via Jenny's Sunday Style linkup. So excited to read more!

    Newest follower :)
    Silver from A Silver Snapshot
    http://starthinker-silverbarter.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Casey! I just found your blog via Jenny's Sunday Style. Lovely outfit and lovely blog! I've enjoyed reading it! Following along now! :) I'm hosting a link-up on my blog! I'd love for you to stop by and join the fiesta!

    With Love,
    Rubi
    www.lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, beautiful outfit :) I really love that skirt!

    Second, I have been thanking God today for that very thing... being able to be close to Him and feeling so safe and comfortable in His Presence. He is so perfect! And such a warm, soft place to land when the world is doing numbers on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look, all the layers and colors look great together. I want that skirt! Found you via the lily among thorns link up.
    Tiffany
    www.fabulessinheels.com

    ReplyDelete