Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Inspired Again

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Inspired Again


Sometimes I feel like I don't do enough. Which is completely ridiculous, because one look at my life, and you would tell me that I do too much!
And yes, I do way to much. Full time school; part time job; part time ministry. Totally manageable. However, throw into that almost 20 hours of driving a week, and anything outside of work and homework is sort of hard to fit in. Which means things I actually enjoy get pushed aside. Like my music. Like my books. Like this silly little website I don't post on often enough.

And instead of becoming inspired by the world around me, I find myself begin to be too tired to be inspired. To inspire is: "to fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative." So for me to be inspired would be for me to have an urge to do something, especially creatively. Something I probably don't have time for. Something, that if I were to desire to invest in, would merely cause me frustration because I would desire to do this creative thing and wouldn't have the time/energy to do it.

This has caused me to just become inspiration-less and lazy in a few ways. It's also caused my purpose-less talents to get rather rusty in this past year. And I don't like it. But I've almost avoiding inspiration because my rusty talent and my lack of time makes me frustrated. Because I can't do more.

Not really sure how I'm going to fix that... but I need to.

But since lists are good things, I'll make a list of things that inspire me:

1) Rainy drives
2) Coffee dates (esp with interesting people)
3) People watching
4) Cities
5) The beach
6) Macklemore
7) Beautiful photography skills
8) Hot chocolate with marshmallows
9) Christmas lights
10) Bike rides
11) Little kid freckles
12) A cup of tea/coffee/breakfast on my back porch
13) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
14) Movie/book/song titles like that ^^

That's a starting point.  I'm going to start being inspired again.

No comments :

Post a Comment