Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Virginia Cold and a New Semester

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Virginia Cold and a New Semester

I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed my break from school, blogging, and Young Life activities. Christmas was great, and my family went on an amazing vacation so far south that the coldest it got was 59 degrees. But vacations don't last forever, and all breaks end. Virginia welcomed us back with cold arms - and by "cold," I mean 25 degrees - and sent me flying into prepping for this next semester.

I feel like it's natural with the new year and a new semester to want to tackle all that new-ness with great strides, a calm mind, and being all "put together." So, Casey had high expectations for how she would conquer - she would get 8 hours of sleep every night, dare to wear cuter shoes to class instead of Converses, and she would be early more often than she was late.

Flash forward to Casey's life 3 days into this new semester, and she's running on 5.7 hours of sleep, rushing out of her dorm in sweatpants, sweatshirt and Uggs, balancing her laptop, school bag, keys, and a waffle hanging out of her mouth that she had swiped from the toaster and slapped butter on as she scrambled to leave on time.
And yes, it looks just as comical as it sounds.
But, hey, in the words of my beloved mother:
"If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?"

On a more serious note, I am thankful to again be living on campus, and have the opportunity to be leading at Deep Creek high school. And, yes, my goals for this next semester do include being more punctual and eating better/sleeping more. But really, I just want to have a heart attitude that is full of rest this semester. I want to worry less about tomorrow, and stress less about my homework, and instead just enjoy where the Lord has placed me and take care of what He has given me.

What are some of your goals for this coming semester/season?

WELCOME TO THE NEW SEMESTER!
Love,
          Casey

P.S., pictures from our vacationing adventure coming soon;)

No comments :

Post a Comment