Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: #feelin22

Thursday, April 21, 2016

#feelin22

Last week I celebrated the fact that I have thrived and survived 22 short years!
I love birthdays. Not only are they an excuse to celebrate, they are an opportunity to reflect on where the Lord has brought you, what surprises He had for you in the last year (good and bad) and anticipate the surprises He has for you ahead!

But reflection has waited, because I've been too busy with the celebrating;)

Since Jon and I have been traveling so much for work, I almost got two weeks worth of birthday-ness from Jon and my family!
Mama and I went to Williamsburg and we filled up on cute spring clothes, winter clearance, and sushi!
And what about these floral pants from Gap! Didn't get them, though, and still don't know if it was the right decision..!
(Don't tell us we look alike; we already know;)
Like Mom says, "If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?"
(I promise, I actually do know how to eat sushi....)
Side note: Have ya'll noticed this bright orange trend happening??? Apparently Vera Bradley has! We can chat about that more later, but safe to say I am totally a fan.
Later that night met up with the men for wine and eats at the Vintage Tavern. Ya'll local to Suffolk (or even Chesapeake!) need to check it out.

On my actual birthday Jon and I just happened to be near DC, so we rode the Metro into the city and spent the evening in the area.
(this picture gets funnier if you know that at this moment I was fussing at Jon for embarrassing me and taking pictures of me in front of people... but I was the one who wanted the picture in the first place.)
(You can't have too many couple selfies, am I right?)
Jon took me out to this FAB restaurant called the Hamilton, and let me tell you, it was the best food I've had in a long time! And such a fun, classy atmosphere. It was the best place to go.  
And on a serious note, this man really does know how to love me... 
Can't wait to finish up this marathon of celebrations with drinks + the bff later this weekend! <3

Stay tuned for more style posts and DC adventures!

Love, C

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14910719/?claim=xg5u7emb8e6">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments :

Post a Comment