Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Wedding Pictures Part 4: Mr. & Mrs!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wedding Pictures Part 4: Mr. & Mrs!

Even though the rain kept us from getting all the pictures we (mostly, I) wanted, we still got a bunch of fun ones. Still a bit heartbroken I didn't get a picture with each of my bridesmaids, but so thankful I got these great group shots.
 These crazy ones make me smile the widest because I get to see the fun personalities of our wedding party.
Bethany, Amy, Sara, Karlie, Andie, Allie, Caroline, Darby, Joel, Chris, Josh, Ring, Zach, Hayden and Dustin... So thankful for these people, and so glad that they could stand with us (Especially Josh, coming all the way from Alaska!)
 Still can't get over how BEAUTIFUL my flowers by Isha Foss were!!! Lamenting that I could only enjoy them for a short time; I wish they had lasted forever!

(Anyone in the Hampton Roads or Va Beach area should absolutely check out her work; she is phenomenal!)
 These sisters of mine are so precious to me!!
 Jon and his brothers.
Alllll of the kissing pictures! #sorrynotsorry
 At this point we were hurrying to get out of the coming rain... & to be announced as Mr & Mrs Capra!
 I can't get over how beautiful our reception space turned out. Even though we were in a yacht club, I still felt like it had a warm, rustic, homelike feel.
 My mom and Karlie couldn't figure out how to get my train hooked up, and tried so many times throughout the night! Thankfully, they worried about that while I worried about other things... Like keeping my new husband within arm's reach!!
 They both kept me looking great, all night.

(Also, one more shoutout to my fab hairstylist/make up artist! Find her on Instagram at @karliedare or #hairbykarliedare. You won't regret it; she's the absolute best, and she has a heart of gold.)
 We got our cakes from Incredible Edibles, and man, they lived up to their name. Not only were they awesome to work with, but they made the top/Anniversary cake gluten free, and the side cake gluten free! (I and several of my good friends are gluten-intolerant). They were awesome.

My aunt made the burlap decorations, and they were perfect. Exactly what I wanted. So thankful for my family who came through for many in so many areas during the crazy wedding-planning process!
 For our first dance, we played Little Moments by Brad Paisley. This was the song that we danced to in the Food Lion parking lot when Jon first told me that he loved me. Brad has always been there for us on so many special moments.
 My last dance with Dad was a little emotional... We held it together pretty well, but my sweet mother didn't! Glad my brother's came to the rescue.
 Jon's dance with my new mother-in-law..!
 The rest of the night rushed past in a fabulous whir of dancing, shouting, and gettin' down!
My brother Hudson had some of the best dance moves out there.
(The Cha-Cha Slide, obvi)
Lining up for the Copperhead Road... Remember in Wedding Pictures Part 1? This dance is very important if we interrupted our getting ready just to practice!
Another important moment... Proving to the Scottie that I had finally mastered The Whip!
My brother/best friend.
Love this. My dad with my youngest sibling, Henry. He even wore socks that were my favorite color!
It was all over way too quickly, and I would re-live it in a heartbeat.
Every time I go through these pictures again I am overwhelmed anew at how blessed we were and are to start off our marriage so blessed by so many people who love us so much!

That's the end of the wedding pictures! If you missed the others, check out our wedding page! You can also find some more perspectives on Instagram from all out friends at #CountdowntoCapra!

Hope you have enjoyed this walk-through of our wedding day!!

 photo CC sig_zpsiat3p1eg.png
P.S. I made my wedding Pinterest boards public! If you want to check out where I got my inspiration, go check them out;)

1 comment :

  1. These pictures made me smile! Beautiful couple and a beautiful wedding!

    Brooke

    Pumps & Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete