Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Why I Wanted Maternity Pictures

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Why I Wanted Maternity Pictures

My aunt and uncle are great photographers, and sweetly offered to take maternity pictures of Jon and I right before Jonah arrived! (Seriously, right before... I think my water broke 8 days later!)

They were super fun, so I thought I would share a few of my faves, along with why I wanted these pictures to begin with.

Maternity pictures can feel a little bit unnecessary, and honestly, I wasn't feelin' so hot at the 11th hour of this pregnancy. But there were two reasons that I wanted maternity pictures. The first, is that our family is growing... It's not just Jon and I anymore! Jonah has expanded our family in the best way possible! But I just wanted a few more pictures of just the two of us. Having a baby is an end to a wonderful season, so maternity pictures were a great way to celebrate both the end and the beginning of an exciting time in our lives.

The second, was that I wanted to highlight how much we were anticipating his arrival. I wanted him to see these pictures as he grows up and know that we were beyond excited to add him to our family, even before we had met him. Pregnancy can be hard, and new babies can put stress on your marriage, but Jon and I had so many dream-filled conversations as we looked forward to meeting Jonah. I wanted to remember those dreams, and share them with Jonah, too.

If you're in Virginia, check out their work at http://www.robfloraphotography.com/, or their Facebook page!
Tell them I sent you😉

linking up with some awesome parties here

1 comment :

  1. You are such a lovely Mama Casey! Congrats on your sweet little boy <3

    ReplyDelete