Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Creativity Crisis

Friday, October 11, 2013

Creativity Crisis

Deer Circus is one of my favorite blogs ever. She's kind of one of my blogger role models. And this particular link will take you to a post that has put my thoughts into words very well. I feel like I have endless words, and lovely bits of poetry crammed in my head next to an overdose of assignments and emotional burdens, but when I go to put them onto paper, or try to get them out of my mouth, they seem to turn into ugly concoctions or a mushy vapor.

It's frustrating. But it's cool knowing that I'm not the only one. (Especially when the other one is the blogger I aspire to be like one day.)

I've been having a bit of a creativity crisis lately, if you couldn't tell by my lack of presence here at Cattails. It doesn't just show here, though. It surrounds the entirety of my creative existence right now. And I think there are a few reasons for that:

1) I'm learning to balance a new season of life (which is practical, because work and school and family are practical)
2) I'm not reading other blogs (and, just like you can't be a good writer without being a good reader, you can't be a good blogger without exploring good blogs)
3) I'm figuring out some new priorities.

Let me elaborate on that last one...
In an effort to be a good student, an exceptional employee, a functional family member and a consistent community-dweller, I'm having to evaluate what is good for me. What is causing me to thrive? What am I meant to do? I obviously don't have too much extra time to be investing in things that have no value, so this is an important question to answer.

Anyways. I don't know what the point of all of this is, besides to let ya'll know where I'm at. I've developed some interesting introverted tendencies lately, as I'm needing to process more and talk less. Which I think is why I've been writing less.

Fall break began today. I'm camping with the fam this weekend.

Let the processing begin.
And let's get some creativity going again.

HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND
LOVE, CASEY


No comments :

Post a Comment