Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Wedding Pictures Part 3: The Ceremony!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wedding Pictures Part 3: The Ceremony!

Ok, now for the best pictures!
(If you missed Part 1 and Part 2, you can find them here and here!)

I can hardly remember what I was feeling before I walked out onto the altar, except for asking my dad to get the venue to change something about the lighting! It was like brain knew that if it was truly present in the moment that it would be flooded with too many emotions, so it settled on being pre-occupied with something stupid... Like lighting.

The only other thought I can remember was, "You have to walk in to the right part of the song." The woman standing at the doors asked me, "Can you hear the music to know when you should go in?" I remember nodding, but thinking "No, wait, I can't, I have no idea when I'm supposed to walk out!"

I ended up walking in a little late because I was so afraid I would walk in early, but I don't think anyone noticed. I sure didn't. I was just looking at this studly waiting for me at the altar.
 This was the moment I started to get just a little emotional....
 Can you see why I married him?? No man has ever looked at me like that.
 This was my favorite part of the ceremony. After my dad gave me away, and before the ceremony officially started, we wanted to worship. I'm thankful we did, too, because worship is when I, personally, feel closest to the Father's heart, and in the moments we sang I think I finally realized what was happening. I also felt so much joy and peace and pleasure from my Heavenly Dad that it was overwhelming.

We sang the song Holy Spirit (not the one by Francesca Batistelli, the one by Jesus Culture and Kim Walker-Smith) and Shiloh (the most beautiful voice I've ever heard) sang for us.
The only time I cried was the few tears that slid down my face in this moment. And if I was given the chance to relive one moment in my entire life, I would choose these couple of minutes, worshipping with my soon-to-be husband, asking the Holy Spirit to come and guide the rest of our lives together.
This picture made me tear up, and I'm so thankful Daytona captured it. I love how you can see both my parents and Jon's worshipping together.
I've tasted and seen
Of the sweetest of loves
Where my heart becomes free
And my shame is undone
In Your presence 
 Holy Spirit, You are welcome here
Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by Your presence, Lord
My face is so cheesy... but I just couldn't help it!
 It was really special that Adam was able to do our ceremony. Adam was my youth group leader in high school, and a mentor to me after that. He has been a spiritual father to me of sorts, and one of those people I don't know where I would be without. Him and his wife, Stephanie (and their three kiddos!) are definitely close to my and Jon's heart.
 I will admit, though, that I had to have Adam send me his notes afterwards because I didn't hear a single word the entire ceremony!!! I just couldn't stop looking at Jon, and I could hardly believe that everything that was happening wasn't a dream.
 Jon prayed for us and led us, as a new family, through communion as the first act as husband and wife. My anticipation for Jon to become my spiritual leader in a new and deeper way was unreal in that moment.
And just like that...
We were married! 

The whole experience is still totally unreal. Somehow, in two months, the perfect-for-us wedding was accomplished. I have no explanation for it except for that the Lord was so so so involved. He was definitely sweet to me, and brought together so many details that I feared I wouldn't be able to have with only a few short months to prepare.

Also, NONE of this would have happened without my parents. My mom was a rock-star when it came to the details, even though my indecisiveness made me a pill to work with sometimes, and my dad made sure every decision was exactly what I wanted. Going over these pictures always makes me incredibly thankful.
_______________________________

Next up: the after-party! Not just reception pictures, though... you won't want to miss pictures of my fabulous wedding party, too!

 photo CC sig_zpsiat3p1eg.png
Wanna see more? Check out our wedding page, and our #CountdowntoCapra on Instagram!
I also just made my wedding Pinterest boards public! If you want to check out where I got my inspiration, go check them out;)

No comments :

Post a Comment