Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Keeping Up with the Capra's: Dates, Weddings, & Anniversaries

Friday, August 5, 2016

Keeping Up with the Capra's: Dates, Weddings, & Anniversaries

Wow, what a two weeks we've had!

Like I shared last time, we are finally home from our job in Maryland! But those days at home haven't lasted long... We were in Charlotte, NC last week and Florida this week!

So what exactly has been going on?
Glad you asked.

1. Our last date in the National Harbor

We got to spend one of our last nights in Maryland at our favorite date night spot, and we celebrated with giant margaritas, gluten free cupcakes and Chincoteague clams. We really are going to miss this spot! It's very high on our recommendation list now, and we can't wait to visit again.

2. Wedding in Charlotte

I shared on Monday about some of my tips for dressing up for a summer wedding, because one of my childhood best friends (that I've known for 20+ years!) got married last weekend!

Not only was it an awesome event to celebrate, I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time and even introduce Jon to some people (which is always fun;) My high school best friend Bethany was one of those people, along with her husband and adorable baby, Josiah.
And wasn't my wedding date just the most handsome??

3. Enjoying some home-organizing

In the couple of days we have been home I have tried to tackle some areas in the house that haven't gotten organized yet. One of those was the awkward built-in desk that I have claimed as my own!
I have cleared it of the miscellaneous you only find laying around after you have moved, and I am excited to have it pretty and productive-looking just in time for the fall semester.

4. Our Anniversary Trip

I seriously can't believe it's already been a whole year since Jon and I got married! It feels like it has only been a few days. We have been wayyy too busy this past year, and I am going to do my best to slow it down as much as I can going into this second year...

Starting off with our anniversary trip! Jon and I found a steal-of-a-deal on a mini Bahamas cruise, and we are eagerly anticipating the vacation after such a hectic year.

5. Car-ride projects

If ya'll have been keeping up on Instagram, I'm working on another knitting project that I'm rather excited about. It's the first time I've used a pattern that I didn't create! And I've only made one, huge, drastic mistake so far..;)
Can't wait to show ya'll the finished project!

Latest Links:

I will have a few posts scheduled for ya'll while I'm on vacation (like a potentially-sappy obligatory anniversary post;) but if I'm a tad bit quiet it's because I will be too busy soaking up the Bahama sun!
But in case you missed the latest links...
Last week:
5 Things You Don't Need in Your Closet
6 Tips to Budget-Friendly Fashion (a guest post!)
This week:
Finding the Perfect Dress for a Summer Wedding
Currently: August
Next week:
Look for an anniversary post, and another date-day outfit!


It's Friday! Make some plans to soak up this last bit of summer this weekend!
Celebrating anything special this week?

No comments :

Post a Comment