Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Keeping Up with the Capra's: Knitting, Adventuring, and New Kitchen Shelves!

Friday, March 10, 2017

Keeping Up with the Capra's: Knitting, Adventuring, and New Kitchen Shelves!

You know how they say that when you're a mom "the days are long, but the years are short"? Well, I I feel like my days are short and my weeks are short, too! Maybe it's my lack of energy or possible "preggo brain," but it feels like this year is flying by.
(Not that I'm complaining... I can't wait for August to get here!!!)

So, we are long over due for an update, so here we go:

Hammock dates

Jon's brother sent us a hammock for Christmas, and this beautiful, early-spring-like weather means we've finally been getting to use it! (Good timing, too, before I get too pregnant to be safe!)
(And when I say "early-spring-like," I'm not kidding... Everything bloomed these past two weeks!)

Artichoke baby!

Between January and this current week, the baby has grown from the size of a strawberry, to the width of an artichoke! This week (19) it's officially 6in long! (The length of a mango!)

The last couple of weeks I'm in that awkward stage between outgrowing all my clothes and not quite fitting into maternity clothes. Everything is either too small or too big! And I'm constantly pushing my belly out in hopes that I will actually "look pregnant" 😂
(And yes, both of those mirror pics were taken in thrift store fitting rooms 😂)

Norfolk cafes and museams

This past week was my friend Emma Rowan's birthday! So we spent last Saturday trying out a macoron cafe, standing in crowded, hipster coffee shops, and walking around an art museum! It was fun to have a girl day.
P.S: if you saw my Instagram story a few weeks ago, this is also the beauty that won Miss Deep Creek! woohoo!

Kitchen plants for kitchen shelves

Jon was a total babe of a husband last week and hung up some new shelves for me in the kitchen! My tiny kitchen is a blessing, but also a kitchen nightmare... and even though these shelves will mostly be housing my canned goods and veggies, I still wanted them to look cute! So what did I do? Buy plants 😋 #whitegirlstatus
Can't wait for these little beauties to grow! (and to finish filling my shelves!)

Thistlefish Knits

Hey, remember my knitting shop? I started it on Facebook, but I'm super unhappy with how that's working out... so by the end of this month, I will have a functioning Etsy shop! Woohoo!
I had a lot of fun projects, including some girl/boy twin blankets (so fun) and a tri-stripe fuzzy blanket!
My first shipment! 

Latest posts


Next week Jon and I will find out what our little sparrow is, girl or boy!!! I can't wait! So this next week for me is all things Gender Reveal Party inspiration 🙈 (You can check out my reveal party pinterest board if you want a peak at what I've been planning!)
So I want to know, what are your fave gender reveal ideas?

Linking up with some awesome parties here!



SaveSave SaveSave

1 comment :

  1. I've been loving the blooming trees! Everything looks so pretty! And I don't think I really started showing in my first pregnancy until 20+ weeks. So soon you'll definitely be out of that in-between phase! Yay for finding out the gender too!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete