Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Refining

Monday, March 5, 2012

Refining



 I sit and sip my Maté Chocolate tea, wishing it would warm and revive my brain as well as my insides... it's so worn out!

This weekend was hard. But God is building character. I know it, cuz He never fails to put me through something without a reason. I choose to have faith; I choose to trust that He's got something bigger in mind, that He's refining me.

Character shaping doesn't feel good. But the reward is great at the end.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future."

Those plans start now. He hasn't forgotten today and I shouldn't either.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in ALL things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

I can know and trust that God sees much farther than I can, and that He wants me to be the best I can be. It's all for my good.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

 I know You will not leave me hanging, God. You will not let me down and You will never leave my side!!


No comments :

Post a Comment