Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Some Thoughts . . .

Friday, January 11, 2013

Some Thoughts . . .

"Change the former way of life that was part of the person you once were, corrupted by deceitful desires."

I don't want to be corrupted by deceitful desires.
Desires that are only holy and good in appearance.
Desires that are empty and hollow to realize.
Desires that do nothing but entice and distract.

"Instead, renew the thinking in your mind by the Spirit..." 

Being renewed in thinking is work.
In fact, I'm pretty sure mental habits are more difficult than physical habits to break.
It's funny, though, how a renewed mental process can shift actions so drastically.

"... and clothe yourself with the new person created according to God's image in justice and true holiness."

Such powerful imagery...
What if life were truly like that? Like every moment was a decision to be one person or the other, and whichever was chosen had to be worn?
Like it was a metamorphosis-like process between each?

Yet, that is closer to reality than most realize.
Everyone of us has beautiful moments and ugly moments.
We choose how we react.
We choose who we are.
We choose who we represent.
We choose to be ourselves,
or we choose to be His image in justice and true holiness.

It's so simple.
So, frustratingly simple.

I want my mind to reflect His holiness and purity.
I want to choose His image more often.
And I want to see more of Him in who I am.

2 comments :

  1. Hi,
    My name is Kelly Brown.
    I wanted to let you know, in my post yesterday I provided a link to your blog. I talked about a post that you wrote and how I had enjoyed it. If for some reason you don't want me to provide a link to your blog, please email me back at kellyblastof6@gmail.com and I will edit the post as soon as possible.

    Also, I found your blog not too long ago and I just wanted to say, I have really enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work! :)

    Many Blessings,
    Kelly Brown

    tiskellyscorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly!!
      No, I am absolutely THRILLED! I am very excited to see that someone found my tips useful ;)

      I love getting to know whoever happens to find my little blogspot... thanks for leaving a comment! :)

      Delete