Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Something Fresh

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Something Fresh

I think there's something about a beginning that helps put an end to an end.

Something about this January
something about this year
feels fresh.

And something has clicked.
Something feels right.
I no longer feel like I'm stuck in a redundant cycle of "ends,"
but like I'm on the verge.

On the verge of what, I don't know.
But it's something new.
Something adventurous.
Something fresh.
Something 2013,
not 2012.

It feels good,
really good,
to close a chapter that was so difficult
and open another that has only begun.

2 comments :

  1. Me, too. Only I haven't quite gotten to the ending of a painful chapter yet. I'm hoping it will come soon...

    Hope your year is amazing! You deserve a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the chapter does end, the timing couldn't feel more right, I'll tell you that much.
      Keep at it, Lacey, you'll get there. You're in my prayers!!

      Delete