Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Love Rhythms

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Love Rhythms



So I've been trying this thing called listening lately.
It actually makes you more present.
Makes you more aware.

It's been raining a lot, in my sweet state of Virginia. At least where I am.
I also drive a lot.
I like loud music with the windows down and hair flyin' wild.
When it rains, though, that doesn't really work out.

So all those times when I'm driving all by myself,
and the rain is keeping me from jamming with the windows down,
I've been turning my music off.

Have you ever just listened to the rain?
Just listened, and held your breath?
I have, but not in a while.

And I've had the most amazing moments.
The sky has split into these incredible sunsets while the rain has poured down.
And I've found that the music of my windshield wipers creates the perfect atmosphere for my soul so simply swell with adoration and admiration for my Creator King.

He seriously is so cool.

Have you ever listened to the song "Intimacy" by Jonathan David Helser?
There's a line that says,
"These ears You've formed to hear Your rhythms of love."
Do I know what those rhythms sound like?
I want to know.

No comments :

Post a Comment