This will only be my and Jon's second Thanksgiving together, and I'm excited to spend it with his family this year. I'll be making my Mama's mashed potatoes (which are the best) (mainly because they mostly consist of butter) and we're just going to hang out all day and chill. I can't wait.
But the Lord has shown us so much favor in this past year! Seriously. I feel spoiled.
So in an effort to be less pessimistic this Thanksgiving season, I'm counting some of my blessings.
The Lord has provided us with:
- always money for groceries or free meals
- parents and in-laws that live 1-10 minutes away from us
- parents and in-laws who like us (and we like them!)
- a family that is so healthy
- three really great jobs for Jon
- a super low amount of student debt
- two cars on four wheels that are working well
- a church that we can call home
- ministry opportunities
And so, so much more. Funny how these things are all so easy to take for earned or granted!
And to truly be thankful I have to constantly remind myself that these are things the Lord has graciously given. None of I could ever earn or deserve.
I am also thankful for you, sweet readers. I am honored that you would spend time on my little slice of internet!
And as a thank you, I'm giving away two bundles of wash cloths from my shop, Thistlefish Knits - one for you, and one for a gift! - and a $15 Starbucks gift card!
Thank you for being my faithful readers!!!
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Don't forget to tag your outfits on Instagram #TheModestBudget to be featured!