I'm Casey's little sister, and I'm ten years old. I'm guest posting because Casey's in Colorado!
I'm writing about Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. The reason we started making this, is because Casey wanted something scrumptious before she left ;) It's a simple little recipe that the whole family loved.
Gluten Free Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
12-16 whole maraschino cherries
1 can crushed pineapples, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice (looks prettier with sliced pineapples)
1 package yellow, gluten-free cake mix
1/4 cup (1/2 package) vanilla instant pudding mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
** we also added 2 eggs to make the recipe less dense.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Rack should be in the center of the oven)
- Grease a 9x13 pan
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, and set aside
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until blended.
- Pour brown sugar mixture onto the parchment paper; spread evenly.
- Arrange pineapple and cherries to your liking over the brown sugar mixture (if you are using slices, like we did, arrange as follows).
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, reserved 1/4 cup of pineapple juice and vanilla well (this is where we added the two eggs). Scrape down the edges of the mixture with a spatula periodically (lick if you must;)
- Carefully smooth batter over pineapple.
- Stick it in the oven for 38-42 minutes, or it's golden-brown and springy.
**if cake browns too quickly, shield with aluminum foil.
- Let the cake cool for 2-3 minutes when ready.
- Run a knife around edges of the pan, and flip onto serving plate. Peel off parchment.
- The recipe says to let cool for 20 minutes before serving, but we only waited 2-3 minutes ;) Sometimes they exaggerate ;)
- Serve with ice cream, cool whip, or whip cream (it's so good, though, you could eat it by itself!)
Until next time,
The Cupcake Queen
Amy is one of ten kids, and an avid lover of baking...which includes her favorite: Cupcakes! She also enjoys playing with her cousins and siblings, and being crazy. She has a great sense of style, and is a fantastic dancer. She likes fluffy little puppies and acrobatics and making people laugh. She also believes in mis-matched socks.