Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: With a Heart Fixed

Sunday, May 5, 2013

With a Heart Fixed

"My whole being will be satisfied..." (Ps. 63:5)

"The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup...

Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved...

In Thy presence is fullness of joy..." (Ps. 16)

"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed..." (Ps. 57:7)

In Him is satisfaction.
Complete satisfaction.

A lot of challenges have come my way lately. Mostly due to one very difficult and unexpected situation. And six, or seven, or maybe even three months ago, something like this would have killed me. 
However, the Lord is faithful.
And I'm having to lean on that in a bigger way than I have before.
Which is hard. And so good.

So, I'm taking this opportunity to command my soul.
Command my soul to trust. 
Trust in the Faithful One.

The One who promised to be a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6).

The One who promised to come near to me if I would draw near to Him (James 4:8).

The One who promised to have good plans for me, for my good (Jeremiah 29:11; Romans 8:28).

The One who promised to reveal Himself to me when I seek Him wholeheartedly (Jeremiah 29:13).

The One who promised to be my Victor (Psalm 60:11-12).

The One who promised to protect me with His wings (Psalm 57:1).

The One who promised to drive out my distractions and enemies before me (Deuteronomy 7:4).

In Him is satisfaction, for everything I need and desire.
In Him is fullness of joy,
but more than that,
HE is my inheritance.
JESUS CHRIST, GOD ALMIGHTY, is my inheritance.
Which includes all His grace, all His love, all His patience, all His courage, all His joy... EVERYTHING. I get HIM...

And with my heart fixed and my eyes set and my Conqueror at my right hand,
I will not be moved or shaken,
but will be a mighty tree by the riverside, 
with leaves that do not wither and fruit that does not fade. 

No comments :

Post a Comment