Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Game Food : By Rob Flora

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Game Food : By Rob Flora

Note from Casey: This is one of my all-time FAVORITE foods EVER. Totally worth trying, in and out of football season. :)

Two of my favorite things to do are watch football and eat game food!  What is game food you ask?  Well it’s whatever you want it to be.  Some of my favorites are wings, buffalo chicken dip, and spinach artichoke dip!  So I though I’d share one of Casey's favorites with you guys.

Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:

1 - 16oz can of artichoke hearts
1 - 10oz package or frozen spinach (I only use half the package, it’s green and I’m a guy, so green stuff is yucky!)
1/2 cup of sour cream (non of that low fat junk!)
1/2 cup of mayonnaise (once again full fat baby!)
1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese (we like to call it “farmer john” cheese)
2 minced garlic cloves (sometimes I like to put in 3, love me some garlic)
1 - pinch of salt
1 - pinch of black pepper

Directions:

Drain the juice from the artichokes and chop the mess out of them.  One of those hand choppers is perfect.  Nuke the spinach in the microwave for about a minute and then break off half (unless you are making this for a bunch of spinach loving people, I for one am not) save the other half for something else.  Make sure to squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach, too much spinach juice makes for loose dip. Add the sour cream,mayo, garlic, parm cheese, salt, and pepper.  Mix it all together and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips.
__________


I'm Rob, Casey's favorite uncle. I am a devoted Christian, husband to my bride of 15 years, father & school principal to four brilliant homeschoolers. Following my full time job at home with my family, I am a 9-5er computer network engineer, but my love is photography. I shoot as much and as often as I can as a part-time side business with hopes of, one day, making it a full time reality.

No comments :

Post a Comment