Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Papery Days : By Sarah Heffington

Monday, March 4, 2013

Papery Days : By Sarah Heffington


So, I thought I’d share with you all a bit about one of my interests, card-making.   I love pretty much any craft that has to do with paper and stickers and things, though I’ve never been heavily into scrapbooking in the general sense of the term. ;) I prefer a more loose, care-free approach in my crafting such as Smashing or creative card-making! I love to gather together bits of cloth, paper, paint, glue and string and sit down to create a special card for a friend or family member. If you’re a crafter as well, Pinterest is a great site for inspiration and ideas, but even browsing Etsy shops can be helpful. Here are a few samples of cards I’ve done this year….(pardon the poor quality photos—they were taken by a webcam)
This is my most recent card. I got the idea from a Hallmark card in a store (was wayyy too pricey, but I thought it was so cute!) I think the way I did the windows was pretty neat (dabs of white paint) and I really like the minimalistic look. 
This one was a themed card I did for my brother when we gave him a cannoli-making kit. I cut out a circle of the tan and then rolled it into a tube shape which I then flattened. 
Next I dotted a piece of white paper and crumpled and glued it into the tube.  Pretty simple. 
      
For this one I went with an autumn theme and cut out leaves from different earth-toned paper. I believe that I only glued these on by a thin line down the middle so that they had the 3D effect. And the inside was just an adorable idea I’d found on while in the world of Pinterest one day. ;) 

The card above has got to be one of my favorites I’ve done. I was so excited to get the bunting idea to work!  You can’t tell from the pictures, but the card was about 9x12 and the biggest I’ve made so far. I did a tri-fold on it, so the first picture is the front, after you opened that side is the middle picture, and the inside was simple to allow for writing and such. (this card was a sort of “Flat Stanely” and traveled to several of the birthday girl’s friends so that they could write in it too.  
Now it time to get out your Barney Bags and do some CARDING!! ;) Card making can also be a real ministry to friends who need a little cheering up, and is a very enjoyable activity for those cold, winter days! 
Until later,
Sarah


Hello you guys! My name is Sarah and  I'm 18 years old. I'm really excited to be Casey's guest today, and I wanted to share a little about myself. First of all, I am the 3rd in our beautiful family of 9 kids. I really enjoy singing, laughing , reading, playing piano, blogging, playing volleyball, photography, and hanging out with my friends. :) I love the life the Lord has given me, and try to live it to the fullest! God is so good and I seek to live in that every day. Hope you enjoy this post, and come on over and visit me at www.twos-company.blogspot.com!

No comments :

Post a Comment