Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Do's & Don't's & Where I'm Off To .

Friday, February 8, 2013

Do's & Don't's & Where I'm Off To .

You might call me a diva. But there are a lot of things I "just don't do."
For instance:

I don't "do" wet.

I don't "do" feet.

I don't "do" mornings.

I don't "do" waking up more than 20 minutes before I have to walk out the door.

It's these things that make me nervous about heading out to Colorado and sharing a room with two other girls, and a bathroom with five other girls.
Really nervous.
But excited.

Someone told me a while ago that, in going to CO, 
I am not only going to meet girls that I need in my life,
but I'm going to find girls that need me in their life, too.
And that makes me excited.

For those of y'all who don't know, I'm going to Colorado for a Bible school called Ellerslie, for their basic (semester-long) leadership training. (You can see more about it here.) 

I will be gone for nine.whole.weeks.

This is the first time I've left home for this long completely on my own. And it's pretty nerve-wracking! But I'm looking forward to the adventure. 

Now, do not fear, my friend. I am not completely abandoning you.
I will have limited email access at this school, but fortunately, I have received many terrific guest posts from friends and family members!

I still have some in the making, but some of these grand guests will include:

LeAnne Flora

Sara Faith Atwood

Rachel Heffington

Faith Yzabella Flick

Sarah Heffington

Rob Flora

And a post each by my own Mother Dearest, and my sister, the Cupcake Queen!

I leave tomorrow, but this will not be the last time you hear from me :)

Have a fabulous Friday!

Love, Casey

3 comments :

  1. Oh Casey! It's sooooo soon:(((
    But (I've told you this before) I am so excited for you!:)
    God is going to show and do some amazing things for you and IN you!:)))
    I miss you tremendously and praying for a safe and wonderful trip!:)
    I love you bunches!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. You are going to Ellerslie?!?!?? Eric and Leslie are my heros! I have been looking into their program too, I would sooooooooo love to go. What a dream come true! I am SO stoked for you and can't wait to hear about your experiences!!!!!!!! ahh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, that's crazy!! Most people don't even know what I'm talking about ;)
      I will definitely keep you posted! ;)

      Delete