Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Style{in} Skirts : By Faith Flick

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Style{in} Skirts : By Faith Flick


Hey y'all! Remember me?;))))
I'm Faith and I blog over at A Walk by Faith:)
Sooooo, I was asked by dearest Casey to do a fashion post for her lovely blog.
I was excited but also kind of nervous. What outfit should I do? It of course had to be adorable;) 
I wasn't really sure what to do, so it took me quite a few days to think this one out.
But, I'm really glad that I got this opportunity to share with y'all and thank you so much Case for giving me this opportunity!:)

We get so caught up on what the world calls beauty.
And, on what other people will think of us.
What is beauty? What is TRUE beauty?
It really depends on your perspective.
We could choose to define beauty by what the world says:
Big puffy lips, flawless skin, hips, really skinny, and tall.
Or we could choose to listen to what God says about beauty.
True beauty, comes from the inside.
A woman who follows God, loves Him and obeys Him, is kind, compassionate, and caring is much more beautiful than the typical Hollywood gal.
 Now, she may not be real physically beautiful but Jesus SHINES through her.
She radiates Him and that makes her beautiful.
Her heart makes her beautiful.
I've been trying to spend more time with Jesus.
To help me be more like Him, and that when people look at me, they will see Him.
That I will radiate Him.
That He will shine through me.

Now, of course I've had those days where I just look in the mirror and think "I'm not beautiful".
But God says, "Yes Your ARE, my daughter".

He is constantly calling you, "Come to me, my daughter".
And we can either choose to run to Him and become close to Him, or walk away.
I've chosen to run to God. To spend more time with Him and to seek His face.
He is our Father, our Heavenly Father, and He loves us more than anyone on this earth could.
As I've been seeking Him, I've also found that I'm more confident in myself.
I'm more comfortable being myself, the woman God made me.
He's blessed me and shown me so much, I'm just sooooo blown away by His power, never-ending love, and forgiveness.
He is everything.
He is wonderful.
He is the Almighty.
I try to honor God with all of my choices.
Especially with my clothing choices.
But, being modest AND cute is really hard, at least for me. 
This is one of my favorite outfits (because it kind of puts both of those into one outfit:) 

My hair in a bun and some high heels add some sophistication and makes this outfit more formal.
I can also dress it down a bit by adding a cardigan, scarf, and flats:)
The skirt and tights were both Christmas presents, and were picked out by my dear mother:)
(She knows my taste so well;)

I like the color of the skirt because it's not to bright, and actually is a pink that looks good "on" or "with" my skin tone:)
I LOVE the color of the tights, and the way they look. They add some more color to the outfit and also look real good with the color of the skirt.

 Some more shots:
I've never been real good at making scarfs look good, but this is an attempt;)
My straight/intense face;)

So, just to recap:
Shirt: From my bestie.
Cardigan: Thrifted or swapped.
Skirt: Target.
Tights: Nordstrom.
High-High Heels: From a friend.
Flats: Urban Outfitters.
Scarf: From a friend.

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
Proverbs 31:30 

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."
1 Peter 3:3-4 

 

Love, Faith

1 comment :

  1. Awwww I looooooove this! Your outfit is adorable and I LOVE THAT SKIRT!! I totally agree with you about the modesty topic. I actually really enjoy the challenge of staying covered but looking cute and having a good sense of fashion. It can be so fun and rewarding, and you and Casey definitely pull that off :) You are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete