Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Family and the Fall Trip

Monday, October 29, 2012

Family and the Fall Trip


Once a year, around the time of Mama's birthday in October, we take a trip to somewhere in the mountains to enjoy the fall colors, cool weather, and overall beauty. Unfortunately, we were unable to go for a full weekend, but it was because of Henry's birth... so we didn't complain ;)


Some of my best family memories are from these fall trips. Which brings me to my subject matter. I realized I haven't posted much about my family on here, so I'll give ya'll a quick summary. Just in case any of ya'll were curious;)

Hayden:

Hayden is 16 (almost 17), and when he past me in height, I jest that he also passed me in age. He has taught me a great deal about how to communicate with a man, and respect him, while I flatter myself that I have been enough of an emotional, high-maintenance female that I have nearly fully prepared Hay for knowing how to handle a future wife one day. He's definitely gotten me through a lot, and is one of my bestest friends.
He is a wonderful person, a very gifted musician, and gives me a blank stare or a hand to the lens every time I point the camera at him. Hence: the picture.

Dustin:

Dustin is... how do I describe such a grand, crazy, silly, wholly remarkable person?
He is 15, has a fantastical smile, is terribly gifted at soccer, is great with people, and has a way of making everyone feel special. He's ridiculously athletic and so joy-filled.

Hunter:

Hunter's name could be defined as prophetic in itself, as he is the most passionate hunter in the family, besides my father. He is 11, but I always think he's 12. With two older brothers, it's no surprise that he always seems older.
And, like Hayden, Hunter's defense mechanism at the sight of a camera is to blankly stare.

Amy:

"Freckles" is almost 10, and is growing super tall and super fast. She, also, is working on "preparing the boys" for handling over-emotional females. ;) And I'm pretty sure she has the best giggle I have ever heard. It's ridiculously cute.


And, as you can see, we're kind of besties;)
She's wonderfully graceful, and growing to become a very gifted ballerina/cartwheelist:


The Munchkins:

Hudson:

Huddy is 8, and probably the most talkative young'un you will ever meet. He has loads of freckles, is loads of fun, and a total love-bug. He's always ready with a hug and an encouraging word when I'm feeling down (or not).

Andie:

Andie, Andie, Andie... so full of spit-fire she can barely keep herself under control. Almost 6; utterly fearless, and fiercely determined, she is most definitely a conqueror. She can hold her own, that's for sure. She has been known to be very bold with her questions and her actions, but looks so innocently sweet. She's one you have to be careful with;)

Wyatt:

Nicknamed "Super Why" soon after he was born, he has definitely earned the "super" status: super cute, super helpful, super energetic, and SUPER precious. 4 years old, he has the sweetest way of speaking, but the most creative and dynamic stories. He makes us laugh every day.

Darby:

Sweet Darby has been no stranger to this blog; already I have posted about her a few times. Her blue eyes and heart-shaped face are so irresistible... but, being a 2-year-old and a recent big sister, she doesn't always have a super irresistible attitude. 
She's one of the best snugglers, loves giving kisses, and is infatuated with Josiah.

And of course,
Henry:

"Henary" has been a wonderful new addition, and we all love having him around. He's already getting so big! It's hard to believe how fast they grow at this age.

And how would this summary be complete without a few words on the two who are partially to blame for all of these 9 cuties?


My dad is probably the hardest-working person I know, and is incredibly smart. He has a mind made for business, and uses it well. An adamant sportsman, he is also very wise, a great father, and has a stupendous sense of humor.


Mama is one of the greatest role-models in the world. She redefines possible for me. I mean, she handles all of us kids with ease. She even started feeding Henry on our walk without even slowing her pace. AND, she has a great eye; whether it's fashion, decorating, or art, she has very good taste.


Well, that's all of us! Hope you enjoyed meeting my fam:)

Love,
         Casey


2 comments :

  1. Looks like such a fun time! We used to take annual camping trips in the fall, and I always loved waking up to a cool, crisp morning. :) haha, it's great to be "officially introduced" to your family. I've met several of them, but could never have named them all! :D
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your family members are adorable! I knew most of the names of the younger ones, but I always mixed up the older boys.
    I'm glad I have a reference now when I forget. ;)
    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete