Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Capturing Cattails, Day 13 / Waiting.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Capturing Cattails, Day 13 / Waiting.

"I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one's thoughts."
-Elizabeth Elliot


"Steadfastness, that is holding on;
Patience, that is holding back;
Expectancy, that is holding the face up;
Obedience, that is holding one's self in readiness to go or do;
Listening, that is holding quiet and still so as to hear." 
-S.D. Gordon

Oh Lord... give me the grace to walk with steadfastness, patience, expectancy and obedience. Show me how to wait on You, and be ok with not knowing the next step, or the outcome. And grow in me the gift of listening. Give me the golden heart of a listener.


No comments :

Post a Comment