Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Style{in} Skirts: Bright Colors

Friday, October 5, 2012

Style{in} Skirts: Bright Colors

Today, I woke up to the country music station blaring from my brothers' room. I dragged myself downstairs, after 8 o'clock and a night of fitful sleep. I typically don't talk much until I wake up, and my family knows it. And ignores it. By asking me three thousand questions in the first five minutes I'm conscious.
A few of the munchkins started asking me questions, like when I was going to go to PetSmart to get fish, and if they could go with me... and Andie said, in her funny accent and innocent way, "Guys, stop asking her questions... Happy Casey hasn't waken up yet."

I had to smile.

After coffee, and several more hours to give "Happy Casey"a chance to "waken" up, I did take them on some errands. However, taking kids shopping isn't exactly the encouragement "Happy Casey" wants to get out of bed.
She never did quite wake up today...

Since the only reason I had to get out of my pajamas today was a trip to PetSmart and the boys' soccer game, and I wasn't in the mood to be particular with jewelry or a high-maintenance outfit, I did something simple.
Something I love about the "art of fashion" is bright colors. Taking outfits that are simple and spicing them up a bit is something I definitely enjoy.

So, in hopes of waking up Happy Casey, I tried to pull together some new things.
V-neck: Target
Tank: WetSeal
Skirt: Thrift Store
This still doesn't scream "super fabulous." But who needs to scream "fabulous" at PetSmart? It's just a bit more fun. Pretty summery for October, but it's 85 degrees outside. Good grief.
Belt: Thrift Store
Bracelet:Costa Ricaaaa
 Thrift store belt! Perfect splash of color.
 Easy headband. And great, because when I take a shower in the morning, my hair is notoriously unpredictable. Headbands come to the rescue, and are very low-maintenance (especially if I use them to keep my hair OUT of my face...)
Another thrift store find. I almost passed them up, and I'm so glad I didn't!
Be brave with some color every once in a while, even if it is just for a run to PetSmart. It'll give you more confidence because you'll feel a tad bit fabulous. Stretch your comfort zones! (And thrift stores are the perfect place to find the materials;)

And who knows? Maybe some color will help the "Happy You" wake up quicker in the mornings, too;)

2 comments :

  1. You look fantabulous no matter what you wear, my dear..you'd look adorable in a potato sack....although I'm glad you don't dress like, that or you probably wouldn't be quite the role model of fashion that you are in my life (no offense)!
    We need to have that girl's get together soon(friday and saturday nights are best for sleepovers)! ;D
    I love you, dearest!
    ~Lito

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this outfit! It's so fun and cheery! I'm not one to mix colors very much but I should try it more... =)

    Oh, and if this comment posts twice... blogger just did something wierd. ;)

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete