Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Dying.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Dying.

Amongst the happenings of late, the thought of dying for love has surfaced.

Along with the word love, (as in, "loving those shoes") I think the word death ( as in, "I am dying to go shopping") is over-used. That to say "I am dying for love," is incredibly inaccurate in the wrong context.

You're breathing will suddenly cease if you do not receive the love you "need"?
The earth's core will implode?
The sky will fall?
Your world will end?

Rather, I challenge the thought process of the contrary. Opposed to dying from the lack of love, dying for a greater love. More like Jesus, actually. He was killed as sacrifice on our behalf, but knowing it was for a greater love. A more glorious love. A more intimate love that meets us in our everyday even now.

Am I willing to die so that the love I give is greater? purer? holier? more glorious?

And not the simple, end-of-life, death, but the daily pain that comes from willfully relinquishing something you know you could hold on to.

I want to more people in my life who are dying for love. Starting with me.

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know... His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come." 
- Ephesians 1:18-21-

2 comments :

  1. I love how your mind works! This is some seriously good stuff. :)
    ~Lito

    P.S.
    hee hee, "the sky will fall"...Skyfall...I'm 'dying' to see that movie!!
    I mean, I would very much like to see that movie.
    We should make a date of it. yes.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing!! Don't really know anything about it... haha. But any excuse to get together with you, I'm totes down with;)

      Delete