Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Sometimes

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sometimes

The entity called Life knows no rules.
He knows no boundaries. 
He knows no monotony. 

In fact, 
I'd like to believe that he has such a distaste of monotony 
that it is one foundational motive for why he does what he does. 

This inspires an intricate concoction of 
fear, 
curiosity, 
and admiration to rise up inside of me, 

in the very part of me that is so deep 
I don't always have time 
or feel like making the effort
to scrape away the garbage in my heart that buries it 
just to listen to what it is hearing.

Sometimes,
I think it's my confusing fascination
with this distaste of his,
this distaste
of monotony 
of predictability
of comfort 
that gives me all the excitement I need 
to keep living.


No comments :

Post a Comment