Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Style{in} Skirts: Patterns

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Style{in} Skirts: Patterns

This weekend was full of lessons. Unplanned lessons.
Lessons on how to keep a cheerful heart when I feel like my family won't get off my back.
Lessons on how to be full of grace in the midst of miscommunications.
Lessons on how to be flexible when my weekend gets some (great) surprises.
Lessons on how to find outfits for three girls from one closet.


I think the biggest lesson, and one I'm still learning, is embracing a different definition of who I am. Everyday there is choice: will I choose to align myself - my thoughts, my heart, my beliefs - with the God of Truth? or will I choose to align myself with the Father of Lies?


I heard a powerful teaching by a beautiful woman this weekend, who has struggled with believing God's definition of her. And she put to words what so many of us women struggle with.
We say, "God, I'm so not beautiful."
He says, "But, Darling, you are."
"But I'm NOT."
"But you ARE, and I'm right!"


It's such a challenge, especially on those days when everything I see in the mirror screams of imperfection. Yet what is the appearance? A mere vessel of the soul. And at the end of it all, if my soul is not in agreement with the Son of Man, my life has been lived in agreement with something entirely false.


"I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well."
Psalm 139:14

It takes a great amount of strength and a great amount of belief to wake up, look in the mirror, and say, "God, You are magnificent. You have created me wonderfully. I know this well."

I want to grow in this. God, give me greater belief, so that I may come into full agreement with what YOU have to say about me.
_______________________________

Enjoy this Sabbath. And let your heart rest in the fact that God is infinitely good, infinitely beautiful, and delights in you.

Love,
              CaseyG
Shirt: Gap; Skirt: Gap; Shoes: Target.
All photos taken by Hudson.

P.S. I'm linking up to Modern Modest Beauty here!

5 comments :

  1. Such an important reminder. Thanks Casey. And the last pic of you? Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Casey! 1.) You. 2.) The outfit. 3.) {and most important} this lesson. Thank you so much! and we totally need to get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babe, you are STUNNING, inside and out. Love this and LOVEE you! I'm likin' the bright lipstick too! Sweet and bold, like you! ;)
    ~Lito

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit!! I LOVE how you put the stripes and polka dots together, looks amazing!
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete