Cattails, Rabbit Trails, and Thistlefish: Things . . .

Monday, November 26, 2012

Things . . .

Things that say a lot about people


1. the way in which they treat the waiter/waitress - I'm typically pretty paranoid about whether or not I come off as flirtatious to guys in general, so if it's a waiter, I try to smile, be polite, answer directly and avoid eye contact. If it's a waitress, I try to be super friendly, because I know she probably has to deal with high-maintenance people all the time.

2. how they feel about the weather - Most of the time I don't really care. My heart condition is what determines whether or not I find a cloudy day beautiful or discouraging. Same with sunny days.

3. whether they dog-ear pages or highlight in books - My school books are completely doodled, underlined, answered, and "Casey-fied." And I have (in the past year) discovered the amazingness of taking notes in my Bible, opposed to on paper I will never see again.

4. fingernails - Long, with the exception of my left hand (dumb guitar). Also, if I'm stressed, nervous, or somewhat bored, I chew on them. It's terrible :p

5. hands in general - Almost always cold, and tanner than the rest of my arm. My palms are thick. And they can feel the change in the weather (my hands get suuuper dried out).

6. their preferred creative outlet - Writing. Or singing. Depends on who's in ear-shot ;)

7. how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone - Totally depends on the person, and if I know the phone-call is coming. And the day. (Phone calls in the middle of an emotional meltdown are typically not encouraged.)

8. whether or not they drink coffee - Addict!! ;)

9. if they ever forget to eat - All the time. I don't particularly enjoy food, and it's not really my top priority in life.

10. how honest they are with themselves and others - I'm too honest with myself, I think. And I really don't like giving people the "I'm fine; how are you," answer. So unless I'm doing terribly and I don't feel like elaborating, I will answer honestly.

11. if they correct your grammar - Normally, it's others correcting MY grammar. Haha.

12. whether or not they get nervous before haircuts - Eh. It's hair. Besides the more outrageous it is, the better it is ;)One day I'm gonna have to grow up...

(by this person, via this person ;)

2 comments :

  1. Haha. I completely understand #2,#3,#4,#5,#6, #7 and #8. This was an awesome idea for a post. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete